Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Sold Painting: Kiss it Goodbye

Fortunately, the internet gallery I'm associated with, PaintingsDirect, notified me of the sale of another painting. That makes 3 this year. I assume lowering my prices instigated the sales. I'll be sending it to the office in New York today. I'm glad to see it go and at the same time feel attachment to it since I consider one of my better older works (1997).

This sale has retrieved a memory of an experience from the past. In 1984 I moved to New York. I had a car that was essentially in sound condition. Due to my almost desperate financial status I had to sell it for a few dollars to a junkyard in the Bronx. It had been vandalized, windows broken etc, and I had no funds to repair it. When I made it to the junkyard I started to relate my misgivings. The owner stopped me with, "Kiss it goodbye". I quit complaining and took my few dollars. I didnt purchase another car until 21 years later, this year.

No comments: